Perfect Sugar Cookies
Do you guys like to bake? I love it.
Sugar cookies are my usual go-to Christmas cookie every year. I love how creative you can get with the decorations, how personal you can make each batch and yum yeah, sugar.
Here's our easy sugar cookie recipe, that doubles easily and freezes beautifully!
Make perfect sugar cookies every time, and tag us @huelaladotcom when you do!
Keep reading until the end to see our EASY royal icing recipe using only 3 INGREDIENTS, one you can get at Michaels craft store!?
Download our Perfect Sugar Cookie recipe!
What makes this a perfect sugar cookie recipe?
- dough comes together quickly.
- recipe that can easily be doubled.
- cookie that holds its shape while expanding minimally while baking.
Try either version and report back!
- Thin and crispy sugar cookies – Roll your dough to about 1/8 inch thick. Be very careful not to let the outer edge burn while baking.
- Thick and soft sugar cookies – Roll your dough to about 1/4 inch thick, and when the cookies are just beginning to turn lightly golden around the edges, take them out of the oven. Let them cool completely on a cooling rack as they may break if you try to move them while they’re still warm.
'Decorate your heart out'
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons Meringue Powder
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Small spoon
Beat all ingredients together until icing forms peaks (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
Let icing sit for 15 minutes to an hour to let air bubbles rise naturally. Gently stir the top surface to release the air.
Thin consistency for flooding: To thin for pouring, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of royal icing. Use a grease-free spoon or spatula to stir slowly. Add 1/2 teaspoon water at a time until you reach proper consistency. Use a flat utensil like a small angled or straight silicone spatula to mix in a figure 8 motion. Avoid beating or mixing vigorously.
Pro Tip: Use gel food colouring to colour your icing! And make multiple shades of the same colours.
Guess what's even more perfect? Shop our Baked with Love collection!