FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $100 BEFORE TAX • STAY HOME • STAY SAFE
diy Bo-Ho-Ho Beaded Garland
Customize your holiday colour scheme by making a unique painted DIY beaded garland with upcycled fabric tassels!
- Wood beads (various sizes)
- Bamboo wood skewers
- Rust-Oleum Chalked in “Blush Pink” and “Charcoal”
- Rust-Oleum Bright Coat Metallic Finish in Copper
- Rust-Oleum Mirror Effects in Gold
- Jute twine
- Scrap fabric strips to make tassels
- Latex gloves
- Cardboard box
- Place the wood bead onto a bamboo skewer
- Find a cardboard box that is a few inches less wide than the skewers, and from the inside, poke each end through the side of the box so the skewer with beads is suspended width-wise
- Add as many skewers in a row inside the box that you want painted the same colour
- Take box outside or to a well ventilated area, and wearing gloves, spray the wood beads
- You can rotate the skewers from the outside of the box to allow you to spin the beads and paint all sides at once
- Repeat spray painting as needed, but one coat is likely sufficient
- Once dry, pull the skewers from the outside of the box so the beads all fall off inside the box for easy removal
- String them onto jute twine, hang, and enjoy!
- For an added touch, cut scrap fabric into strips and make upcycled tassels to hang from the garland. For this project, we found vintage pillowcases at a thrift store to use for only a few dollars each.
*The painted wood beads also make great DIY ornaments, gift embellishments, and wall hangings!